Your journey to Val di Fassa
In this section you will find all necessary information to reach the different villages of Val di Fassa, in the Trentino Dolomites, by public transport.
Val di Fassa (in the Province of Trento) borders to the east with the Province of Belluno that may be reached by crossing the Pordoi, Fedaia and San Pellegrino mountain passes and, to the north, with the Province of Bolzano that may be reached by crossing the Sella and Costalunga passes. The Avisio river runs across it and, once through Val di Fiemme and Val di Cembra, flows into the Adige river near Trento.
How to get there
From the A22, Brennero motorway:
- take the Egna-Ora/Neumarkt-Auer exit and follow the SS 48 Strada delle Dolomiti - Passo San Lugano - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance km 45)
- take the Bolzano/Bozen Nord exit and follow the SS 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Passo Costalunga - Val di Fassa (distance km 40)
- SS 346 del Passo San Pellegrino - Moena
- SS 641 del Passo Fedaia - Canazei
- SS 48 del Passo Pordoi - Canazei
- SS 242 del Passo Sella - Canazei
Distances from the nearest airports:
- Bolzano/Bozen km 40
- Verona km 180
- Venezia/Venice km 175
- Treviso Km 160
- Milano/Milan km 350
- Bergamo Km 280
- Innsbruck km 190
- Monaco di Baviera/Munich km 32
During the winter season the transfer service Fly Ski Shuttle connects the Verona, Bergamo, Treviso, Milan Linate and Venice airports to the Dolomites and to some of the most popular Trentino tourist resorts. This makes it easier for tourist travelling on national and international flights to reach the holiday resorts and avoids the inconvenience of using public transport that may not coincide with connections and timetables.
For more information contact: Call center, open from Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m., at the phone number +39 0461 391111
- Direct daily bus services from Trento (Trentino Trasporti) Bolzano/Bozen and Ora/Auer (Sad company).
- Private bus and taxi companies in partnership with the Val di Fassa Tourist Board.
- Various coach companies run weekly services from major Italian towns and cities.
- Transfer services at weekend (train+bus) with Freccialink and Italobus.
After making a reservation at one of the participating facilities, ask for the Val di Fassa Guest Card immediately and activate the "First Day Mobility Pass" straight from the App. The pass includes discount codes for travelling to Trentino with FlixBus and MarinoBus, and once you are in Trentino, it allows you to use public transport free of charge to reach the area where you are staying (the pass is only valid on the day of your arrival and for journeys originating or ending in Trentino and must be displayed on board). To continue enjoying free travel in Trentino (Trentino Trasporti) for the entire duration of your holiday, all you have to do is use the Val di Fassa Guest Card App > Ticket > Travel on buses and trains > Sign up for My Trentino Guest Card.