Alpe Di Siusi
From the first lifts to the modern cable cars: Technological progress laid the foundations for the ski resort of the Alpe di Siusi, and the popularity of skiing as a winter sport in this holiday area.
It was exactly 80 years ago in the winter of 1938/39 that the first ski lift first opened on the Alpe di Siusi: the “Slittovia Giogo-Panorama”. In hindsight, it was this sledge lift, used exclusively for the skiing industry at that time, which laid the foundation stones for the development of the ski resort and for tourism on Europe’s largest alpine pasture.
The 21 modern mountain lift facilities of today evolved from the former facilities, whereas their location is unchanged. Constant developments in technology have led to the lifts of today, which offer intrepid outdoor fans the utmost in safety and comfort including child-safety protection and, in some cases, fully automatic passenger-safety devices.