Val Di Fassa
Authentic flavours, simple recipes and high-quality food represent the gourmand side of Fassa, the only ladin valley in Trentino. Which dishes shouldn’t you miss during your vacation? Definitely canederli dumplings (“bales” in ladin) in all of their tasty versions: speck, cheese, “lucanica”, savoy cabbage, beets, spinach or the sweet variants with ricotta, apricots or strawberries. Another typical dish is barley soup. Dried figs and potatoes are, instead, the main ingredients of "ciajoncìe", stuffed ravioli seasoned with melted butter and chive. Polenta, beef gulasch, pork shank, smoked rank, roe deer stew can always be found in the menu, as well as cold-cuts and cheese platters. And for dessert? Apple strudel with whipped cream or vanilla sauce, apple fritters sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon, "fortaes", a delicious fritter with its peculiar spiral shape served with cranberry jam.
A mouth-watering valley
1. "Puzzone di Moena" DOP cheese, excellence of the Dairy Farm of Predazzo and Moena.
2. "Cher de Fascia" cheese, produced by Mèlga de Fascia, the Cooperative Dairy Farm of the valley.
3. "Miel da Mont", high-altitude wildflower honey by "Ciasa dò Parè", a Biofarm in Soraga, Slow Food Presidium.
4. Mountain craft beer, produced by the brewery "Rampeèr" in Campitello, the only brewery of the valley.
5. "Cedea", oligomineral water flowing from a spring at the feet of the Marmolada glacier and bottled in Alba di Canazei.