St. Bartholomew Church of Nafen (13th century)

  • Valle Isarco - Villnöss/Val di Funes

The St. Bartholomew Church of Nafen was mentioned in 1307 for the first time and the building in late Gothic style was built in 1489. The frescoes inside the church date back to the 15th to 17th century. The winged altarpiece from the 16th century is exceptional. Because of the illustration of the “Holy Face” at the back of the altar, the church was a pilgrimage site for dental patients for a long time.

Location & contact

St. Bartholomew Church of Nafen (13th century)
Nafner Straße 11
39040 Funes/Villnöss
Open map